Monday, July 7, 2008

Hmmm....My once a week recipe has become once a month...

I'm in love with this!

CROCK POT BROWN SUGAR CHILI
1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
½ c. brown sugar
4 T. prepared mustard
1 medium sized onion, chopped
2 cans (14 oz. each) kidney or red beans
2 c. low-sodium tomato juice
½ t. salt
¼ t. pepper
1 T. chili powder
Brown ground beef and onion in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and mustard. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on HIGH 2-3 hours. If possible, stir several times during cooking.
If I don't have time to put it in the crock pot or I'm going to be gone too long, I will make this on the stove top the same way and simmer for 10 minutes or so.
This is FANTASTIC with cheese sour cream and fritos. Serve the way it is for kids, I add a signifigant amount of hot sauce becaue I like it SPICY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like a winner! I'm going to use it next time I make chili (which will be soon).

Kristen said...

In the winter I make chili just about every Monday, so I can have it for lunch the rest of the week. I think I will have to try chili in the summer now. I love your recipe ideas. Thanks for sharing.