Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sunday was the WORST!!!

So the whole story really starts on wednesday of last week. I got a call asking if I would speak on sunday even though it was such short notice. Being the good little girl I said yes. Well, thats all fine but I seriously didn't have more than 3 seconds at a time to sit down through friday. I got up on saturday morning to go deliver papers (Ty and I do this to pay down some debt) and then off to my grandmas house. We had a ton of yard work to do and I was washing the windows too sense it is on the market. We got done with that around 2 and than to my parents to put in some gardens.

We got home at about 7 and a million things had to be done. Needless to say, I hadn't done my talk yet. So Ty, being so nice, said that he would go to the paper route in the morning by himself so I could just get up at 6 and write my talk for 11 o'clock church. This would have been great but the phone rant at 4 am. It was Ty! His car completely broke down and he hadn't even started the route. So I went out, loaded all the papers in my car and we finished the route at 7 am. His car started again but so dangerously close to over heating so we just needed to get it home NOW and figure out what to do. So I followed close behind just in case anything happened. Well, some thing did! But it was to MY car! My muffler went out!!! Can you believe it?????? Mind you I still hadn't written my talk! So we got it home, Ty called Jes' parents to borrow a welding and I headed in to shower, dry my hair, get dressed and write my talk. It was about 8:10 by now because of all the car trouble. So Ty is out in the garage welding my muffler and I am franticly trying to feel the spirit! I yell to him that its 10:15, he comes in showers and we are out the door at 10:40 and to church by 10:55. I gave my talk and want to collapse!!!! It was crazy!

6 comments:

Andie said...

There is no way anyone would have been able to tell when you gave your talk on Sunday...you were so collected! (That is, at least, for the part I heard before I was frantically trying to keep Mason from running out the door)!

Kristen said...

OH Audrey you are a trooper! Did you cry at any point in the day? I would have melted down. I wish I could have heard your talk. Second, You made me laugh so hard this morning..about the shag carpet and round rug!It is sooo true. I am still laughing. Thanks for starting my day out on a good note!

THE BLAIRS said...

I am sure you were blessed for your efforts! Its always hard to prepare last minute. I guess whatever you were talking on was important and Satan didn't want you to give that talk!

The Seaman Family said...

Your talk was great Audrey! I can't believe you had such a crazy morning though! What a bummer. But I really enjoyed your talk though especially the end...Ty's note was cute!

Kristen said...

I hope tomorrow is a better Sunday for you. I was watching Benjy take time to prepare for his talk tomorrow and it brought me back to what you went through last week. Still amazed that you were able to get up and give a talk..YOU the Woman!';-)

Andersen said...

Now that is crazy... you must have really needed that spiritual enlightenment (even if it was small) in giving your talk. That is such a rough time. I hope you got your car fixed.